Voluntary & community groups
Starting a new group?
Local people regularly set up new community groups and there are lots of good reasons to do so. Whether it is in response to a specific issue or need, or because you want to make improvements in your local area, community groups are an important part of civil society.
If you are interested in setting up a community group, VCWB can help. There are a number of issues you should consider, for example:
- What are you going to do? You need clear aims and objectives
- Who is going to undertake what role and which responsibility? Everyone involved should be prepared to take part
- What skills are needed to help you achieve your goals e.g. planning, problem solving, writing skills, computing skills, someone who is good at handling money and keeping account?
- How are you going to go about forming a committee and do you need a constitution?
Developing your group?
We can offer support to help you develop your ideas and stay on the right track:
- Advice on governance e.g. developing your management committee
- Advice on choosing the right legal structure
- Information about funding sources, and assistance developing funding applications
- Developing new project ideas
- Strategic and business planning
- Recruiting volunteers
- Training courses
- Networking and events